Factors affecting a business can change daily or at a moment’s notice, while certain matters require months of strategic planning. No matter what stage of the business life cycle your company is in, Cohen Schneider and O’Neill LLP’s Business and Corporate Group can assist with strategy and execution.
Cohen Schneider & O’Neill has distinguished themselves in New York City as influential business attorneys. Our practice of attorneys focused on business law in NYC includes everyone from small business law to large scale corporate law. We represent entrepreneurs, start-ups, emerging companies, established companies, business owners and not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries including e-commerce, internet ventures, social media networks, education, retail, advertising, media, professional services and food and beverage, many times as the entity’s full-service outside general counsel when the business does not either have the need or budget for a full-time general counsel on its staff.
Cohen Schneider & O’Neill LLP provides a full range of services, delivering practice advice and innovative legal analysis in a cost-effective manner utilizing the most efficient assignment of attorneys and professional staff to support our clients.
Our Services include:
- Advising on business entity formation options and capital structure
- Drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- Advising on various types of financing arrangements (e.g. venture capital, debt, etc.)
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating basic to complex commercial agreements for a wide variety of business transactions
- Identification and protection of trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- Providing counsel on employment matters
- Advising on compliance with various matters of corporate governance
- Structuring mergers, acquisitions and other types of business combinations and divestitures
- For our not-for-profit clients, obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status