MICHAEL M. COHEN has been practicing law in New York City for a period in excess of forty-two (42) years. He has represented clients in their personal and business transactions and advocated on their behalf before Courts throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties.
His practice focuses on the representation of clients concerning the purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate, the probate of wills and the administration of decedent’s estates, adoptions, guardianships, the creation of wills and trusts, and related estate planning documents, all Family Court matters, including custody and visitation, support and enforcement, as well as matrimonial litigation.
Activities & Career Highlights
- Recipient of New York State Bar Association Presidentâ€™s Pro Bono Service Award in Recognition of Extraordinary Pro Bono Service Work.
- Frequent Lecturer at Family Law, Matrimonial Law and related subjects for members and clients of the organization FOCUS, Inc. (For Our Children And Us) , an agency providing counseling and related services and education to persons regarding Family Court and the Matrimonial division of the Supreme Court
- Recipient of Certificate of Recognition from the City of New York, Mayor Rudolph W. Guliani, for community services and outreach to people in need
- Recipient of Certificate of Appreciation from the Police Academy of the Police Department of the City of New York for participation as a distinguished lecturer in Recruit Training Program
- Recipient of Citation from the Office of the President of the Borough of Manhattan in Recognition of Exemplary Volunteer Services
- Recipient of New York State Bar Association Recognition as Empire State Counsel Recipient of Floyd Allen Sheeger Pro Bono Service Award in Family Law; Queens County Volunteer Lawyers Project
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project Pro Bono Attorney
- Hollis Hills Civic Association Member and Former Member of the Board of Directors