The Internet has changed the way the world thinks about and conducts business. While the old adage “It’s a whole new ball game” may be true every few months, our NYC internet attorney team continuously studies the playbook and provides strategies for clients that help create a strong foundation while providing the flexibility necessary to adapt as developments in this ever-changing landscape occur often.
The legal issues related to the use of the Internet by individuals and businesses alike cut across a variety of legal disciplines that together make up the practice of Internet, E-Commerce, and Social Media Law. Whether you are an entrepreneur launching your first e-commerce business or an established social network, publisher, website, technology provider or other Internet platform or a company, school, or organization looking to develop a social media policy for your business, employees, stakeholders, and others, our NYC Internet attorney team can provide the counsel needed at different points along the way.
What we do
- Review advertising and marketing strategies and tactics and websites for legal compliance with federal, state and local rules and regulations regarding advertising and consumer protection
- Development of social media policies for companies, schools and other organizations for inclusion in employee handbooks, on social media accounts, blogs, websites, etc.
- Training on use and misuse of social media in the workplace
- Assistance with the creation of policies related to and compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Communications Decency Act, CAN-SPAM Act and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- Counsel regarding the treatment, editorial functions and monitoring of user-generated content
- Counsel on compliance with popular social networks policies on advertising, promotions and the maintenance of group/fan pages and drafting terms and conditions for promotions and sweepstakes
- Appearance before regulatory agencies and law enforcement bureaus
- Representation in connection with the purchase and sale of and disputes related to website domain names
- Counsel on establishment of policies and procedures related to the operation of e-commerce businesses
- Provide strategic counsel in connection with an existing brick-and-mortar company’s establishment of an online presence with an e-commerce store
- Counsel related to rights of privacy and publicity online as well as defamation in the arena of Internet law
- Counsel on use of trademarks and copyrights on-line
- Representation in connection with privacy and data security related matters from preparation of policies to incident responses.